Introduction To Aquaponics Class
Volunteer and Learn! With Glenn Martinez at the Lokelani'Ohana Farm, 2315 Kahekili Hwy, Waihe'e, Maui 96793
Schedule: Come when you can!
12/02/2011 - Stain wood 1pm-5pm
12/03/2011 - Greenhouse construction and wash cinders 8am-5pm
12/04-12/09 - Build aquaponic system 8am-5pm
12/10/2011- Introduction To Aquaponics Workshop, 9am-12pm and 2pm-5pm $100
Spouses are 1/2 price; Volunteers that have contributed on 12/02 - 12/08 will receive $10 per hour of donated time towards the class. Contact Natalie Cash at 808-551-8442 to volunteer or sign up for the class.
What's Good About Aquaponics?
- Recycles water and nutrients environmental friendly.
- Uses 90% less water than ground crops.
- Eliminates chemicals and pesticides.
- Eliminates soil-bourne diseases.
- Is a sustainable source of fish and vegetables at your back door.
- Is a family activity that promotes healthy eating and helps to stretch food budgets.
- Provides a great way to teach children how to grow food and care for living things.
- Vegetables can be organic from day one, instead of waiting several years to certify land
where herbicides, pesticides and non-organic fertilizers have been used.
- Fish can be organic if natural feeds like soldier fly larvae or azolla are used as feed.
Can be scaled up to a small or large profitable, production.
- Glenn Martinez is the creative impulse and owner of Olomana Gardens on Oahu, a 5 acre permaculture wonder that has received many honors. Mr. Martinez is the President of the Hawaii Farmers Union and is legislatively active in insuring the livelihood of farmers in our State. He is a recognized teacher of permaculture and aquaponics throughout the entire Pacific Rim.
- Olomana Gardens, 41-1140
Waikupanaha St. Waimanalo, HI 96795, 808-259-0223 www.olomanagardens.com
- Lokelani 'Ohana is a non profit organization running programs in organic gardening, weaving/ creative arts and housing for people with developmental disabilities. Our goal is to expand our services in providing safe, loving, fulfilling homes and programs. We are located at 2315 Kahekili Highway, Waihe'e, Maui 96793, 808-249-0254, www.lokelaniohana.org
* ~ *
For Maui Real Estate info... call or text me 808 283-0635 ~ EMAIL
Aloha from Maui...