We have been eagerly waiting for The Greek Oven to open up in downtown Haiku, in the Aloha Aina Center on Maui. This most recent addition to the food scene is a nice little shop right across from Nuka and next to Veg Out. Obviously they serve Greek food, and baked goods, and strive to feel like an authentic eatery on a Greek island!
Inside The Greek Oven, Haiku Maui
Today was a lunch date so we headed up there to see how good the food is. We shared a traditional Spanakopita spinach pie and a beef kebab pita. It was so good I could have eaten it all myself, but that would be piggish! So, we got some baklavas to bring home for later. The flavors were delicious, with subtle hints of dill and spices. The phyllo pastry was so crispy, and the pita bread was soft and yummy. All ingredients are organic and locally sourced if possible.
Menu at The Greek Oven, Haiku Maui
The new restaurant/bakery is small with 4 little tables and a couple of seats at a bar in the window. You can order something hot or grab something prepared from the chill case. Some preserves are also available like coconut honey, olive tapenade, pesto and jams.
I met the owner Adonis who was very friendly and happily working behind the counter. I think this restaurant will do well since they are bringing a fresh new dynamic to the downtown location.
Bougatsa - this is what I'm going to try next!
Some things to keep in mind about The Greek Oven in Haiku:
- the feta cheese is sheep feta imported from Greece
- they allowed my little dog on a leash to come in and sit with us : )
- if you buy 4 baklava from the chill case you'll save money
- give them your phone # and earn food rewards each time you shop
- you'll probably run into somebody you know if you live in Haiku
- they open at 5:30 am with breakfast and Greek coffees
- lunch is served from 11:30 - 2:00 with daily specials
- call them at 808 575-9752
So many good dining options these days in Haiku!
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635