Paia Maui HI 96779 - market update for 1st half of 2017
At this point in time, midway through 2017, let's see how the real estate market in Paia is shaping up.
Jan 1 to June 1 compared to 2016:
- the statistics show a downturn in the following areas...
- the first half of this year shows 36% fewer sales, with only 7 versus 11 previously
- median home price went down from $872,000 to $750,000 compared to last year
- total dollar volume is down from $17,853,000 to $11,490,000
What sold in the past 12 months:
- 26 closed transactions priced from $455,000 to $18,000,000
- average sale price was $2,017,903 and median sale price was $690,000
- days on market ranged from 37 to 418 with the median being 126 days
- lowest priced sale was a 3BD/1BA home in Skill Village, which took 134 days to sell
- highest priced sale was that beachfront Spreckelsville property consisting of a house and cottage on 3.6 acres. It's really skewing the statistics in a small market like this.
- no short sales, no bank owned homes, and no CPR properties
- most listings were on house sized lots of 1/3 acre or less, with 3 having over 1 acre
- 5 were oceanfront listings priced from $3,500,000 to $18,000,000
- 2 condos sold: Kuau Plaza 209 for $318,000 and Sugar Cove 3B for $2,725,000
What's for sale now in Paia Maui:
- a total of 20 listings priced from $485,000 to $19,500,000
- 13 homes are Active and 7 are showing as Pending
- average and median listed price is over $2,000,000
- only 6 homes are priced under $1M and 3 of those are under contract
- 8 listings are oceanfront or beachfront and 3 of these are pending, which shows that the long standing inventory of oceanfront homes in Paia are now selling
- 1 is a short sale (pending) and none are bank owned REO properties
- 3 are CPR residential condos, none of which are under contract
- 0 condo apartments for sale right now
- search Paia homes for sale in the Maui MLS
Paia Maui is always a hot real estate market with plenty of demand, and little supply of affordable homes for sale. The oceanfront and beachfront properties really appeal to the water sports fans from around the world, since they can windsurf and kite from their own front yards in the ideal locations. Great shopping and dining options in this funky old plantation era town add to the ambiance that you won't find in too many places anymore on Maui.
You can ask me to send you auto-notifications of Paia properties for sale as they come on the market. I'm happy to do that for you.
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635