Kualono Upcountry Living
After many years of planning and execution, this new residential development in Pukalani Maui is closing sales on the vacant lots which were offered by selection in 2016. It's located at the corner of Kula Highway and Old Haleakala Highway, and close to schools and shopping in Pukalani. The developer is Hanohano LLC.
Kualono project in Pukalani Maui HI
Our MLS is showing 37 sold lots priced from $269,000 to $399,000 which closed in the past 2 months. These lots varied in size from .41 acres (19,680 sf) to .578 acres (25,221 sf). In total there will be 49 house lots on a circular street with 2 cul-de-sacs. See the Kualono sitemap here. Three gated entrances on the Old Haleakala Highway provide access to the subdivision.
Kualono development getting the finishing touches
Here they are busy working on the gated entrances and stone pillars. Water trucks keep the dust down in this area which is pretty dry most of the year.
Some highlights of the Kualono subdivision:
- one house per house lot
- a design review committee will encourage a consistent look for upcountry
- no CPR-ing allowed, meaning no further subdividing or slicing up of the lots
- no short term rentals or Bed and Breakfast activity allowed
- no driveways to be cut through directly to Old Halaeaka Highway
- underground utilities, individual septic systems required for each lot
- monthly association fees to be around $250
I expect there will be some lot resales right away, and all this new construction will keep local builders very busy for the next few years. We're all looking forward to seeing this new neighborhood take shape.
Pukalani Terrace Shopping Center
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635