Haiku Maui HI - what just sold in August 2010 - market update
There were 6 residential sales in Haiku Maui HI for August, ranging from $340,000 - $1,350,000. Total sales volume was $4,261,300. That's a lot of cash outlay, especially when you consider that 3 of these were ALL CASH buyers.
Here's a brief synopsis of the sold homes in Haiku Maui, from low price to high price:
- 420 Kekoanui Pl. SOLD for $340,000. 1 acre of all usable land with a complete fixer upper and a tear down old home too. Mature fruit trees, ocean view, corner lot on a country road. I really liked this one and thought it would sell quickly, which it did... less than 2 months on market. (pictured)
- 80-88 Hohani Pl. SOLD for $656,000. Bank owned house and cottage on 2 acres in a country subdivision. Again this was a really quick sale of only 39 days!
- 55B Palulu Way SOLD for $625,000. A residential condo single family home on 1 peaceful acre tucked away from it all. It took 259 days to sell this time, but was on and off the market plenty. Residential condos are a little harder to sell because many times buyers don't want to be bound to their neighbor in any way.
- 2120 Lilikoi Rd. SOLD for $765,000. 2.8 acres with an adorable 3BD/2BA home and room to build a cottage. Lots of fruit trees and ocean views. 335 DOM.
- 249 Kaokoa Way SOLD for $525,300. It was a short sale and overpriced to begin with and that's probably why it took 407 days to sell. 2 acres with a home that needed a lot of updating. Nice quiet spot though with some big mature palms and fruit trees.
- 111 Door of Faith Rd. SOLD for $1,350,000. Cash buyer. Another short sale taking 399 days to close. Sold for about $1M less than original asking price! Beautiful custom home sitting on over 7 acres with ocean views. Watch a Door of Faith Rd video.
- Homes that enter the market with a realistic price will sell quickly, even these days.
- There's a lot of cash buyers out there just waiting to scoop a good deal on Maui.
- Half of these sales are what you would consider distressed properties... short sales and REOs.
- Don't wait until it's too late to buy a home on Maui while prices are still low. Get in touch with your Maui Realtor and find your home on Maui today!