Video of 2 nene geese in Haleakala Crater on Maui
The nene geese in Haleakala National Park are so tame that I got some pretty good footage of them when hiking through the crater last month. These 2 were just hanging out at the cabin hoping for a handout, but the rules say NO feeding the geese.
The nene goose is endemic to Hawaii and is only found on Maui and the Big Island of Hawaii. They are endangered and need to be protected. Can you tell that they have evolved from the Canada Goose? The markings are quite similar.
Other posts from Haleakala National Park:
- Visiting Haleakala National Park
- Going camping in the wilderness cabins at Haleakala
- videos from Haleakala National Park
- Panoramic shots from inside Haleakala crater
- Walking on the moon - Haleakala Crater Trail Rides