There is just so much to blog about, I thought I might offer some suggestions for Newbies, or anyone for that matter. If you want to connect with consumers (and who doesn't?) then you can post all sorts of things about your local area. Put yourself in their shoes.... they are thinking of moving to your town. They want to know about the schools and churches, the stores and restaurants, the hospitals, tha parks and all of those things. Make it interesting and post stories about what's in your area, and you can become the local expert who they will call for more information. And, a Localism post can earn you extra points if it becomes a featured post.
Some topics can be done as a series, or they could be a comprehensive list of all options. Once you have a few posts on one neighborhood, you can link them back and forth to each other to tie them all in, and help the consumer learn more.
Here are some suggestions:
- Real Estate offices - here's a chance to plug your own office
- banks, credit unions - where will they keep their hard earned money?
- churches - post these to the Spiritual groups
- schools - elementary, middle, high, college, tech, whatever - people want to know this stuff!
- hospitals and clinics - seniors are especially interested in health care
- furniture stores - a new house needs new furnishings
- farmers markets, swap meets - what days are the best?
- shops and stores - shopping centers, big box stores, boutiques - where do you go?
- restaurants - who's got the best pizza? where can you go late at night?
- parks, beaches, public pools - this is the stuff that locals know best
- golf courses, race tracks - gotta have some fun when you get there
- spas, salons, nail shops - give recommendations of the ones you like best!
- dry cleaners, laundromats - you must pass by some of these every day
- vets, dog boarding, horse stables - people are concerned about their pets when they move - post to the pet lover groups
- tradesmen - plumbers, electricians, tree trimmers, and carpet cleaners - new homeowners need this info
- the price of gas - yes, they want to know this too - who's going to tell them?
You starting to get the picture? The possibilities are endless, and I have some catching up to do too. I took so many pictures today I could blog for a week or 2! Grab your camera and take some pictures everywhere you go. It might seem boring to you, but new homeowners find this stuff valuable.
And here's a Localism tip - post your pictures there
for points (no more points awarded for pictures). Then use them in your posts when you have the time. BTW - Localism is an "appendage" of ActiveRain... in order to get your posts into Localism, you just post them here on ActiveRain....click the FOR CONSUMERS box and take it from there.
Good luck with your blogging! Aloha from Maui.