Homes for Sale in Wailuku Country Estates, Wailuku Maui
Why do people live here?
It's a country lifestlye without being "way out there" in the country. You're only a few minutes drive from Wailuku and Kahului, the central commercial hub of Maui, but so far removed from all that busy activity. At Wailuku Country Estates you can have acres of land where you can engage in farming and also have a nice home in a community with like-minded home owners. Building design guidelines ensure a quality neighborhood that you can be proud of.
West Maui Mountains form a dramatic back drop, and the lots look out over the north shore and Kahului harbor. Views at night include not only the stars, but the city lights too. The lay of the land is gently sloping for the most part, making it easy to have a good view from each lot. Lot sizes are roughly 2 - 3 acres and may encompass some gulch which can be an interesting aspect.
Farming is encouraged, and many of these homes have beautiful healthy fruit trees, macadamia nuts, and even animals. Yes, you can have chickens and goats and horses!
What can you build in Wailuku Country Estates?
There's room for the whole ohana when you live at Wailuku Country Estates. Agricultural zoning allows 2 residences and outbuildings too. Your main house can be large and should be at least 2,500 square feet, inclusive of garage. The secondary farm workers dwelling can be up to 1,000 square feet. An AG office is also allowed, and can be attached to either dwelling. Barns and workshops are allowed. All building plans will need to be approved by the Design Review Committee as well as Maui County officials before building permits are issued.
What's for sale in here now?
A couple of beautiful homes on the upper street that spans the subdivision. Both of these have upgraded with Photo Voltaic power to bring their monthly electric bills way down.
- 2392 Kamaile St. is listed for $1,790,000 - a 3BD/3BA single level home with high ceilings, a detached 1 BD cottage and a detached barn. Income producing fruit trees.
- 2284 Kamaile St. is listed for $1,499,000 - a 4BD/3BA 2-story home with high end finishes, and amazing views from both floors. Lovely landscaping and abundant mature fruit trees.
What's been selling in here lately?
Looking back 2 years to get a good number of sold comps, this is what I find in the Maui MLS:
- 10 sales ranging in price from $895,000 to $2,350,000
- Average sale price was $1,517,350 and median sale price was $1,400,000
- Days on Market range from 37 to 378, with median of 127
- 6 were single homes only, priced from $895,000 to $1,975,000
- 4 were house and cottage priced from $1,388,500 to $2,350,000
- all homes were on lots of 2 acres to 2.99 acres
- everyone has an ocean and mountain view
- none were bank owned or short sales
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-063