Wrapping it up for 2016, here's a quick look at the residential sales in Haiku Maui last year. What sold in 2016? Plenty of homes - homes with cottages, homes with acreage, beautiful estates and simple old fixer-uppers too.
In a nutshell, the simple take away... prices are up and volume is down.
- 66 closed sales priced from $315,000 to $2,190,000
- Average sale price was $917,928 and median sale price was $841,500
- Days on Market (DOM) ranged from 30 - 464, with average of 162 and median of 130
- Total dollar volume was $60,583,249
- 21 properties were house with a detached cottage, or what might pass for one
- 4 were CPR homes, or residential condos with deeded land
- 2 were bank owned and none were short sales
SOLD - 65 N. Holokai Rd, Haiku Maui - $2,190,000
- 5 homes were on a .25 acre or less, another 5 were on .25-.5 acre, 2 were .75 acre
- 7 properties came with between 1 and 1.75 acres
- The majority of the homes (40) were on 2-3 acres
- 5 properties came with 4-7 acres
- 2 sales came with about 27 acres
Highs and lows:
- 3 sales were priced under $400,000 and there's a reason why
- $315,000 was paid for a bank owned home being swallowed up by the jungle
- $339,000 was paid for a small CPR home built in 1927, on a busy road
- $380,000 was paid for a 50% interest in a home on 5 acres
- 3 homes sold for over $2M, each with 2 acres of land, and over 4,200 sf of house
SOLD - 1791 Kaupakalua Rd, Haiku Maui - $339,000
Compared to the previous year:
- In 2015 there were 81 closed sales and the median sale price was $700,000
- In 2015 total dollar volume was $76,982,084
Of course you have to regard these stats with some flexibility as there are many factors that contribute to each sale. Due to the diversity of listings in the Haiku area, and the low volume, the stats can be quite different from month to month and year to year. That's when you need the advice of a local Realtor to help make sense of it all. You can find a good Maui Realtor right here...
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635