2016 year end real estate update:
This year end market report details what sold in the beach town of Paia, on Maui's north shore. It's been a really good year for sales in Spreckelsville, Paia and Kuau. Total sales numbers are up in all categories, as well as dollar volume. This relaxed north shore region continues to be very popular with all types of buyers.
Houses sold in 2016:
- 34 sales priced from $455,000 to $18,000,000, way up from 2015
- Total dollar volume was $58,976,500, way up from 2015
- Average sold price was $1,734,602 but median sold price was $700,000 - it just takes one crazy sale to skew all the stats sideways
- 6 sales were at $500,000 or less, all in the Skill Village neighborhood
- 14 sales were priced between $530,000 and $750,000
- 5 sales were priced between $800,000 and $1,000,000
- 4 homes sold between $1,000,000 and $2,300,000
- Days on Market (DOM) ranged from 23 to 418, with an average of 157 and median of 108
- None were bank owned or short sales
- 1 was a CPR residential condo with deeded land attached
- 5 of the properties included a detached cottage, and 1 came with an attached apartment
- 5 homes sold were oceanfront, and those were the highest priced sales starting at $3.5M
- Land size: most of these homes were on house lots of 14,000 sf or less, but a few at the high end came with significant land and the largest lot was 3.6 acres. Spreckelsville is where you can find a home on 2 acres or more.
Northshore views from a home in Skill Village, Paia Maui HI
Condos sold in 2016:
- 4 condos sold - which is a pretty high number for this small segment of the market - compared to 2015 which only had 2 sales
- 3 sales were at the Kuau Plaza and all were 1BD/1BA units: $255,000 $325,000 $318,000
- 1 3BD unit sold at Sugar Cove which is a high end beachfront complex. $2,725,000
- None of these Paia condos were short sales or bank owned
- Search for Maui condos for sale
Kuau Plaza condominiums, Paia Maui HI
Vacant land sold in 2016:
- 1 sale of a .43 acre lot sold for $2,950,000 - oceanfront of course, with all utilities
- Search for Maui vacant land for sale
So there you have it. Got questions? I'm here to help, and you can contact me anytime...
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635