Haiku Maui HI 96708 - residential real estate June 2017
A quick real estate market update for the Haiku region on Maui's north shore...
January 2017 through May 2017 numbers:
The Haiku Maui housing market is looking strong compared to last year at this time. The year to date statistics show an increase in the number of sales, from 28 homes to 31 homes sold January through May. The total dollar volume of sales is also up 18% over the last 12 months. Median sales price dropped from $742,500 to $725,000.
In the past 12 months 71 residential properties sold in Haiku:
- sales price ranged from $335,000 to $3,999,900
- 9 homes sold for less than $500,000
- 40 homes sold between $500,000 and $1,000,000
- 22 homes sold for over $1,000,000 and 3 homes sold for about $2,000,000
- lowest price was a CPR 2 acres with an old home in very poor condition
- highest price was a superb hand crafted luxury estate on 2 oceanfront acres with coastal waterfall views
- average sale price was $931,495 and median sale price was $808,000
- total dollar volume was over $66,000,000
- 3 bank owned REO sales priced up to $599,000
- 1 short sale of a cottage on 2 acres for $640,000
- days on market were as high as 465 days
- 30 purchases were all cash or 1031 exchange, 7 were FHA loans, 2 were VA loans and the rest were conventional mortgages
802 Door of Faith Rd, Haiku Maui - sold for $760,000. This listing was a 2BD/2BA home on 2.8 acres in a private and remote setting.
What kind of property is selling in Haiku Maui:
- only a few homes were a 1/4 or less, with most being on acreage of 1 - 7 acres
- 2 home sales were large properties, with around 27 acres of good farmland
- 50 listings came with just one house, sold between $335,000 to $2,190,000
- 20 listings were house and detached cottage, sold between $700,000 to $3,999,900
- 1 house with attached ohana sold for $750,000 but no acreage
- 8 properties were CPR residential condos priced between $335,000 to $900,000
- house size ranged from 468 square feet to over 5,000 square feet
- 35 homes were between 1,000-2,000 sf and only 8 homes were over 3,000 sf
- 6 of the homes had swimming pools
- only 1 sold property was oceanfront, the highest priced sale
50 Lihiwai Place, Haiku Maui - sold for $940,000. This listing was a 3BD/2BA house/garage and detached cottage with a pool, on half an acre. Due to the good condition of the homes, and the attractive pricing, it sold in 64 days for $1,000 over asking price.
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635