Let's take a look at the residential real estate market in Wailuku Maui. This area is one of the busiest sections of the market, with so many new subdivisions in recent years. DR Horton and Schuler Homes are building many neighborhoods, complete with schools and other infrastructure. The landscape of Wailuku has changed dramatically over the past 10 years.
What sold in June, July and August 2017:
- 52 sales so far this year, priced from $275,000 to $1,160,000
- average sale price was $679,175 and median sale price was $657,500
- 47 were single home; 4 were house and cottage; 1 had an attached ohana
- 5 closings under $500,000 and only 3 homes sold for over $1,000,000
- Days on Market ranged between 18 and 542 days
- 4 were foreclosed bank owned homes, priced up to $685,000
- none were short sales, noe were CPR properties (residential condos)
- nothing was oceanfront
- 16 homes were in Kehalani subdvisions which include neighborhoods of Maunaleo, Akaloa, Koa, and Cottages at Kehalani
- lowest price was for a small house on a flag lot at 1980 Mill St. built in 1921
- highest price was for 2036 Kamaile St., a 2 acre property in Wailuku Country Estates with a large single story house and garage
- only one home had a pool and it sold for $845,000
- year built ranged from 1921 (lowest price) to 2017 with 31 built this century
- 8 sales were cash; 3 were Veterans Admin loans; 4 were FHA loans
Kehalani entrance, Wailuku Maui HI
What's for sale now in Wailuku Maui:
- 144 total homes for sale: 122 are single home; 16 are house and cottage; 6 have an attached ohana
- 65 Active listings priced from $300,000 to $5,295,000
- 79 Pending and Contingent listings priced from $224,900 to $1,599,000 and about 50 of these are in Kealohilani at Kehalani, a brand new neighborhood
- 7 are bank owned, priced up to $650,000
- year built starts at 1925 and goes to 2018 (being built now in Kealohilani)
- 3 homes have swimming pools and they start at $1,150,000
- most homes are on house lots but 9 come with over an acre and 1 has 51 acres!
- Search the Maui MLS for Wailuku and Kahului homes for sale here
Opi Mini Mart, Wailuku Maui HI
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635