There are great big views at Kahakuloa Maui, the "other upcountry".
Sometimes buyers are looking for a nice home in the country and they don't want to be upcountry - Kula, Pukalani and Makawao. There's a couple of alternatives on this side of the island: Wailuku Country Estates just on the outskirts of Wailuku, and Kahakuloa which is a little further out the Kahekili Highway.
Views from Maluhia Country Ranches subdivision - lots of wide open space
This blog post will focus on the two subdivisions in the Kahakuloa region: Cliffs at Kahakuloa and Maluhia Country Ranches. It's about a 15 minute drive from Wailuku, so not really that far out in the country along a scenic winding road, but a whole world of difference. Living in these neighborhoods will come with an HOA and monthly fees. There's also a private water system that is owned by all the property owners. Check with me for the current rates.
What's for sale now and what's been selling in the past 12 months?
- 3 active listings priced from $860,000 to $3,000,000
- 1 pending listing priced at $1,468,000
- 2 closed sales priced at $890,000 and $2,668,625
For sale now:
- 57 Lahaole Pl. - 6.9 acres with a 1BD/1.5BA house of 1,795 sf with a detached garage. This very private home has incredible views of the ocean and mountains, the north shore by Paia, and from part of the property there's a waterfall view in the distance. It's a well built house with high end finishes, tucked in amongst a strawberry guava forest. You won't see any immediate neighbors here. $860,000. Hawaii Life.
The view from 57 Lahaole Place, Kahakuloa Maui
The front door at 57 Lahaole Place, Kahakuloa Maui
- 475 Kaukini Loop - 2.17 acres with a whole lot going on... big 3BD/3BA house with a huge garage, a detached 1BD cottage, a swimming pool, a tennis court, extensive beautiful rock walls, orchards and tropical flowers. There's even a secret path to a stream and waterfall on state land next door. Great views here too. At this price it would be impossible to replicate all the improvements. $1,399,000. Maui Real Estate Advisors LLC.
The view from 475 Kaukini Loop - Kahakuloa Maui
The pool and cottage at 475 Kaukini Loop - Kahakuloa Maui
The tennis court at 475 Kaukini Loop - Kahakuloa Maui
- 300 Kaukini Loop (Pending) - 2.1 acres with a 4BD/4BA house and a 2BD/1BA cottage. Super high ceilings, stained concrete floors, a gated entry and more incredible views of the ocean and Haleakala. $1,468,000. BHGRE Valley Isle.
The main house at 300 Kaukini Loop - Kahakuloa Maui
The view at 300 Kaukini Loop - Kahakuloa Maui
- 15 Lahaole Pl. - 3.11 acres with a luxurious 9BD/6.5BA mansion of 6,085 sf. There's plenty of room for guests and relatives with 2 detached buildings. This part of the subdivision is gated for extra privacy. Travertine and mahogany floors, high ceilings, chef's deluxe kitchen. $3,000,000. KW Island Living.
- Search the Maui MLS for homes for sale in Kahului and Wailuku
- 98 Lahaole Pl. - 4.7 acres with a 2BD/2BA 2,428 sf home and garage. Comes with off-grid features like a photo-voltaic system with batteries and a 10,000 gallon water catchment tank. 167 Days on Market. Sold for $890,000. Delmore Realty.
- 50 Lahaole Pl. - 3.68 acre equestrian estate with a 3BD/2.5BA house and detached cottage, pool/spa. State of the art horse barn. 257 Days on Market. Sold for $2,668,625. KW Island Living.
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635